Best Vape Pens in 2020
If you are a long-time smoker looking for a cheaper and healthier alternative to tobacco, or just an enthusiast who enjoys trying new things, you must have heard about vaping. There are many people on the streets with mysterious vaping devices, and before we get down to the reasons why the things like vape pens are worth trying, let’s dig into the topic a little deeper.
The Joyetech Ultex T80 with CUBIS Max Starter Kit is an impressive innovative product with stylish design, great performance, and high built quality. Together with the Ultex T80, the CUBIS Max Starter Kit makes a great combo that is a revolution in the vaping world.
The kit contains the following elements:
– 1x Ultex T80 mod
– 1x CUBIS Max tank atomizer
– 1x Spare glass tube
– 1x NCFilm heating material
– 1x Bag of spare parts
– 1x Cable (micro USB)
– 1x Warranty card
– 2x Operation manuals
– 2x Warning cards
Features of the Ultex T80 Mod:
– Dimensions: 25mm by 94mm
– Operates with 18650 battery (needs to be purchased separately)
– Micro USB charging port (2A charge rate)
– OLED screen (0.49 inch)
– 510 connection (gold plated)
– Temperature control: 200 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit
– Maximum output: 80W
– Output: 3.3V to 4.2V
– Resistance of the atomizer: 0.05 to 3.5 ohm
– Oversized firing button + dual adjustment buttons
Features of CUBIS Max:
– Made of glass and stainless steel
– Base diameter: 25mm
– Widest diameter: 28mm
– Height: 56mm
– Top-fill system
– Standard glass capacity: 5ml
– Coil resistance: 0.25 ohm
– Dual air slots: 10mm by 2mm (adjustable)
– Tapered 510 Bore Delrin drip tip (11 mm wide)
The Endura T18 is a compact innovative starter kit that includes the following elements:
– 1x Endura T18 II 13500mAh mod
– 1x charging cable
– 2x Prism 1.5 ohm coil
– 1x Prism T18 IIs sub-ohm tank
– 1x spare integrated threaded top cap drip tip
– 1x Operation manual
The tank of this vape is quite spacious, it fits 2.5 ml of e-liquid. To prevent any mess, there is a threaded top cap and a magnetic cap as well. This kit has three output wattages for you to choose from. You can easily change the wattage output when the vape is on. To do it, you need to hold down the oversized firing button and watch as the LED light cycles change each other.
When the needed wattage output pops up on the LED screen, release the button. After you turn on the device, you will see a battery life indicator that will show you how much battery life is left. You can easily adjust the airflow of this vape with the help of the four airflow slots.
Features of Endura T18 IIS:
– Single-button operation
– 1300 mAh battery (integrated)
– Battery life indicator: LED
– Maximum output: 14W
– Maximum voltage output: 3.5V
– Three wattage modes (10.5W, 12W, 13.5W)
– 510 threading (standard)
– Low resistance, short circuit, and low voltage protection
Features of Prism T18 IIs Sub-Ohm Tank:
– Diameter: 18 mm
– Tank capacity: 2.5ml
– Airflow control ring
– Four airflow slots: 0.25mm, 0.50mm, 0.75mm, and 1mm)
– Bore Delrin drip tip: 5mm
– 1.5 Ohm cotton
– 510 pin
– Threaded top-fill system
- Good value
- Compatible with nic salts
- Long-lasting battery
- Handles up to 70 VG
- Adjustable LED lights
- Somewhat messy refilling
- Not specified coil material
- No MTL mouthpiece
Joyetech has gained its popularity by creating classic vape pens that last long.
The eGo AIO ECO is a new model that embraces cutting-edge technology. This mouth-to-lung vape pen is equipped with a 650 mAh battery. The battery life extends double due to its special feature.
The vape tank of this pen holds 1.2 mL of e-liquid that vaporize on 0.5-ohm coil heads. This vape pen is beginner-friendly, but it doesn’t make this device less effective for expert vapers. The eGo AIO ECO is compatible with nic salts and high-strength juice. The device also features a handy top-fill system and adjustable LED lights.
The Sinuous Solo is a highly portable and powerful vaping kit that makes vaping easy and effortless. This kit is flexible as well. There is an oversized firing button with LED indicators that blink and show the remaining battery life of the vape. This device combines all the necessary elements, needed for an enjoyable vaping session on the go, wherever you are!
Wismec Sinuous Solo 40W Starter Kit Components:
– 1x Amor NS Pro sub-ohm tank
– 1x spare glass tank section
– 1x Sinuous Solo mod
– 1x USB cable
– 1x WS-M 0.27-ohm coil head
– 1x WS04 1.3 ohm MTL coil head
– 2x operation manuals
– Some spare parts
Features of Wismec Sinuous Solo:
– Size: 25mm by 87 mm
– 2300 mAh battery (built-in)
– Maximum power output: 40W
– Atomizer range: 0.1 to 3.0 ohm
– Charging: micro USB
– LED indicator, integrated into the firing button;
– 510 thread point (stainless steel)
– Spring loaded connection (gold)
The Augvape AIO All in One Starter Kit is one of the newest and portable sub-ohm vaporizers, manufactured by Augvape company. This vape takes safety to the next level, as there is over current, short circuit and low battery protection. This Augvape AIO is easy to operate, as there is only one control button.
To turn on the vape or to turn it off, you simply need to click the firing button five times. You can fire it continuously for five seconds. The Augvape AIO is highly portable, so you can easily take it with you anywhere you go.
– One-button operation
– Over current, short circuit and low battery protection
– Top fill + threaded top cap
– Width: 24.5mm
– Height: 117.5mm
– Battery: 1500 mAh (built-in)
– Micro-USB charging (30 minutes)
– Tank capacity: 2 ml;
– Dual adjustable air slots (10 mm by 2 mm);
– Replacement coils (0,5 ohm)
One of the most popular questions related to vape and vaping pens is the construction of the devices. Thus, the basic vape pen has the following structure.
- Battery – This is the main component as it provides power to the coil that heats the contents, making the pen functional.
- Coil – This component is a wire that is wrapped around the cylinder that vaporizes wax or liquids. The barrel itself is covered in the wick.
- Wick – This part absorbs the contents and optimizes the vapor. Liquid-based pens use silica and those pens that are made for wax, use quartz.
- Atomizer – This is an essential part that generates heat as soon as the power button is pressed.
- Power Button – Also named as the heat button, it charges the coil and is responsible for turning off/on the pen.
- Mouthpiece – This is the part of the pen you put in your mouth. It does not serve any other purpose but has a lot of names, such as the drip tip.
- Fill port – This a convenient port as it allows you to fill the pen with liquids without tearing the whole thing apart.
- The charging port – Certain models feature a micro-USB port that is located on the bottom of the pen, allowing you to smoke and charge at the same time.
- Airflow control – some pens allow you to control the intensity of the smoke flow. The mechanism can be described as a ring and is called AFC. It has two modes, the Mouth-to-Lung or straight lung vaping.
- Threading – This is the heating part that you screw on top of the battery.
The general skeleton of vape pens is similar. The differences lay in the kind of substance from which the device will be creating a vapor.
Different Types of Vapor Pens
E-liquid based pens
This type of pen utilizes e-liquids that include (or may not include) nicotine, which often leads to them being viewed as e-cigarettes. However, they are not. A lot of vapers go with the pen option as it satisfies their nicotine need, and they are considered to be much healthier than usual cigarettes.
It is a medical fact that tar has a massive negative effect on the organism. Good for us, the vapor is tar-free.
Oil vapor pens
The oil type pen is widely used with cannabis substance that is generalized as “oil.” The oil type pen is used by cannabis patients and those who want to be super cautious. These pens come with atomizers and THC-included liquids.
As of recent, a new type of oil emerged, the Cannabidiol (CBD). This particular oil is made of cannabis and is entirely legal almost in any country due to lack of an active compound, namely, the Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The pen is ideal for those who want to harvest the medical advantages of marijuana, but don’t want to get high. If you wish to learn more about oil pens, visit our wax and oil pen guide.
Wax based vape pens
The core characteristic that differentiates this pen from the rest of the competition is that it is used primarily to get high. Wax, as it is, is a highly potent thing that contains THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). The model uses a coil that burns the wax, producing vapor as a result. For further information, please refer to our wax/dab pen guide.
Dry herb vape pens
These are specific vape pens that are capable of vaping dry herbs. However, the very first iteration was ineffective. Nowadays, there are dozens of vapes on the market that come close to a real cannabis vaporizer in terms of performance.
Herbs have been used in the past for all sorts of activities. Dry herbs ware a standard component of meditation, recreation, and medical purposes. There are several herbs and flowers that are dried and used in a vape pen. The chamber inside the pen will heat-up the mixture of flowers and release a vapor that can be easily inhaled. Some herbs and flowers even have aromatherapy attributes.
Vape pens gained popularity over the past years due to them being used for vaping marijuana. The main advantage of pens is that you do not burn the leaves like you would by smoking a joint. The Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics published a study in 2007, where they found that vaping cannabis using a vape pen is much safer than using the traditional joint.
Although the majority of people that participated in the study noted that vaporized marijuana was significantly more concentrated than that of a bong, thus being careful is a must.
3 in 1 vape pens
You might have seen a product that claims to be a three-in-one vape pen and wondered if they really can vaporize oil, wax, and liquids? The short answer is yes; they are capable of doing so. The manufacturing leader V2 is recognized for making best vapor cigarettes, but they do offer real 3-in-1 vape pens that will vaporize virtually anything.
The company offers Series 3 starter kit that comes with different cartridges. Each cartridge is utilized in its respective field, one for the e-liquids, the other one is for wax, and the last one for oils. These cartridges can be detached and attached in a matter of seconds and they are very convenient due to their small size. Also, the company offers a more powerful version of this particular model named the Series 7.
Considering that this is a three-in-one device, the performance is rock solid. It’s an excellent product for those who do not know where to start. With one pen, you can try anything, be it dabs, weed or e-liquids.
Why the Vape Pen in the Best Choice?
A relatively cheap way to try vaping is, of course, vapor pens. They might not be the all-in-one devices, but they are a great way to try things out. You can invest in a cheap model for $20 and after you get to know it, grab an expensive one that goes for more than $100.
As we have admitted, the vape pens are the most frequent choice among vapers. Here are the 4 major reasons for that:
- Handiness – Vapers that have sturdy boxes and modifications oftentimes find themselves using vape pens due to convenience.
- Infinite Flavors – Vape pens can use E-liquids. Thus, you can choose anything you like, unlike E-cigs that rely on a limited number of flavors. Many E-liquids work hand-to-hand, and you can combine them to your heart’s content. You can mix different flavors. The possibilities are endless.
- Rechargeable – Cig-a-likes are disposable, while vape pens can be refreshed, which in turn will save you a penny in the long run.
- Stealthy – Some people don’t like to blow enormous clouds in public places. Despite that they can be direct-lungers, they will carry a separate MTL vape pen starter kit. Therefore, if you are a dry herb vapor pen user, the majority will think that it is an e-cigarette.
In order to ensure a smooth experience, you need to choose a proper device that would fulfill all your needs and wouldn’t bring any unexpected surprises you won’t be able to handle. Before you purchase the vape pen, make sure to have the answers to most common concerns.
Vape Pen FAQs
Do mAh matter?
Every pen comes with a battery that powers the unit. The power is used to heat the substance (wax, cannabis or e-liquids) and transmit it to the vaping tube. Every battery comes with a milliamp rate (mAh), and the higher the number, the longer a vape pen will last. Modern vape pens have evolved and feature a box mod that comes with superior battery life.
So what’s a 510 connection?
When you buy a vape, the connection type will be written on the battery. If you see a 510 connection, you need to understand that it is compatible with eGo-Style atomizers. However, not every eGo works with a 510 link, thus having an adapter might solve your issue.
The 808 and 601 connections
Despite that the 510 and the eGo connection are industry standard, you might come across a pen that utilizes a different socket. The majority of vapers, use parts made by different manufacturers. Thus companies often employ unique proprietary connections to prevent this mixing. Therefore, if this stuff is confusing for you, keep in mind to get a 510 or eGo model. It is also vital to state that there are the pens that use a magnetic connection, which in turn eliminates the problem.
Picking the Best Vape Pen for You: Useful Tips
Prior purchasing a pen, it is critical to understand what will you vape and what kind of build-quality you need. Set up your priorities before making a final choice and decide what you prefer:
- a big vape pen with a lasting battery, or smaller and more convenient device?
- an abundant airflow, or a tight draw that is usually found in mouth-to-lung models?
- a top-quality and hence expensive pen, or a cheaper alternative (bear in mind that cheap vape pens don’t offer any customizability)?
In addition, bear in mind the following pieces of advice:
- make sure that your vape pen uses a micro-USB port that you won’t have to carry a proprietary charging device;
- always check the capacity of the pen. If it’s small, you’ll be carrying around a lot of wax, liquids, and herbs which is not very convenient;
- always check what people say about the vape pen. This applies to everything and is not limited to the pen itself. Review what people say about parts, performance, etc.
To wrap it up, check what you want to do with the vape pen, and then you’ll pick the one that is designed to do so.