Best Vape Battery Chargers in 2020
Having a good battery charger can be a game changer when it comes to vaping. There is a massive variety of different chargers and sometimes it’s hard to decide what will work with your lifestyle. Thus, to help you approach this choice with ease, here is a short list some of the most effective chargers the industry has to offer.
Best 6 bay 18650 chargers
- Charges 6 batteries simultaneously
- Independent battery slots
- Charge modes for different voltages
- 0.5A and 1A charging options for different slots
- charging current in 0.35A for NiCd and Ni-MH batteries
- Automatic battery detection and charge mode setup
- CV and CC two charging modes
- Turns off automatically after battery is fully charged
- Li-ion batteries activation function with protection board
- Separate LED indicators for each battery
- Reversed polarity/ over-current / over-charge / short-circuit protection
- Made of flame-resistant durable ABS material
- Output voltage: 4.2V + / – 1pct, 1.48V + / – 1pct
- Input: AC 100 – 240V 50 / 60Hz 1A (max)
This is an incredibly potent 18650 battery charger that enables the user to power up to six batteries simultaneously. The four battery slots in the center give out 0.5 amps of charge, which is sufficient for a consistent charging cycle. The two slots on both sides provide 1 amp, so they are especially suitable for a supersonic fast charge.
A number of safety features, such as automatic shut off function after full battery charge, reversed polarity, over-current, over-charge, and short-circuit protection make ESYB S6 a safe item to utilize. This is a great charger that has literally everything that you might need from the device of this kind.
- Charges 6 batteries simultaneously
- Charge monitoring and independent charging rate
- Supports a wide range of battery voltages 10440/14500/14650/16340/16650/17650/17670/17350/18490/18500/18650/26500/26650
- Total charging current of 4A
- Charges 6 bays to 4.2V with 0.68A each
- Charges 2 bays to 4.2V with 2A per bay
- USB output (with a separate charger and cable)
- HD OLED display
- Smart protection pack
- Turn off automatically when fully charged
- Auto recharge if the voltage goes lower than 4.05V
- Reverse polarity/ short-circuit/ over-discharge/ over-voltage protection
Those who are familiar with the well-known LUC series will appreciate this newest edition of a battery charger that incorporates the hardware for intelligent charging with a large 6-slot battery bay. This particular device stands in line with V2 and V4. The maximum output for two slots is 2A, which is great for a quick charge. Six batteries at a time charge at 0.68A output for each, which is an optimal balance between high capacity and speed of charging.
With the help of an external adapter, Efest LUC V6 can be powered via 12V source. On the whole, this device is extremely flexible, capable, and portable. It can also function as a power bank for USB devices (a separate charger cell and cable required). Efest LUC V6 also has HD OLED display an easy single button navigation.
Best 4 bay 18650 chargers
- 4 slots
- Three charge modes: 2.0A, 1.0A, 0.5A
- High-quality piano strings
- Intuitive controls
- AC input power: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz
- Over-voltage prevention mechanism
- Short-circuit prevention mechanism
- Reverse polarity prevention mechanism
- 4 separate battery monitors
- Hard chromium plating
- Precise voltage
- 15,000+ times spring testing quality warranty
- Wide compatibility, ranging from 10400 to 26650 amps
As the name suggests, it is a 4 bay battery charger that also comes with a LED indicator. This incredibly powerful battery charger is an advanced item and it will boost the efficiency of any batteries that you decide to go for. The battery charger is beautifully designed.
However, aside from its stylish, minimalistic look, Efest Lush Q4 packs quite the punch because it is capable of charging 26650, 20700 and 18650 batteries. Due to 4 bays, it can operate in four different modes as each channel is being monitored individually. In addition, this charger has one more useful feature: it closes channels once the battery is charged, which in turn benefits the battery in terms of longevity and well-being.
Efest Lush Q4 is also well-protected; the charger includes protective mechanisms that will prevent any kind of overcharge, as well as short circuit and reversed polarity. Finally, any battery that you choose will go through more than satisfactory charge cycle at all times due to the hard chroming plating finish of charging plates. For more details, check out the specs down below.
- 4-bay battery charger
- Individually controlled bays
- Compatible with Lithium Ni-Mh/Ni-Cd/ Ion/LiFePO4 batteries
- Dedicated groove for smaller batteries in each bay
- Maximum output 4A in 4-bay and 2-bay mode
- Four stage charge/ discharge algorithm
- Battery doctor feature
- Improved LCD display
- Extensive protection pack
- Battery chemistry stress match
- Retains optimal cycle range
- Auto maintenance charge
- Equipped with buzzer alarm sounds to notify about any issues
- Over-time/ over-charge/ reverse polarity/ short-circuit protection
- Made of a fire preventative ABS material
This charger is known as one of the most intelligent and sophisticated devices on the market. Each bay in this charger is controlled by independent chips, which ensures a great precision and accuracy. The device is potent enough to ensure a maximum battery capacity of every cell.
Also, a two-tier battery bridge is an extremely convenient detail that enables more secure placement for batteries of smaller size. Hohm Base 4 Bay enables super sophisticated 4-stage charge and discharge algorithm. Therefore, it increases the performance of each battery and conserves a long-term battery life at the same time. This versatile device provides a maximum output of 4A: either 1A per bay in a 4-bay setup or 2A per bay in a 2-bay one.
Additionally, one of the most impressive things about this charges is that it’s capable of reviving and repairing dying or depleted cells. A convenient and informative LCD display provides all the necessary information about the charging process. Overall, Hohm Base 4 Bay battery charger is a truly premium product which will be great for those looking for a top-tier device.
- Charging 4 different batteries at a time
- The slots are independent
- Intelligent circuitry detection
- Automatic detection of battery power status
- Compatible with Li-ion, Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries
- Compatible with small capacity batteries
- Optimized charging design for IMR batteries
- Compatible with LiFePO4 batteries (require manual selection)
- Crisp LCD display
- Two convenient side buttons for convenient navigation
- Powers off automatically when charging is complete
- Over-charge prevention
- Temperature control
- Reverse polarity protection
- Optimal heat dissipation design
- Made of a flame resistant fire retardant ABS
- Worldwide insurance by Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China, Ltd.
- RoHS, FCC, CEC, and CE certification
This is a versatile and highly compatible 4-bay charger that fits perfectly with a huge range of chemistry types and battery sizes. An advanced circuitry of this item combined with a sleek LCD display make up a charger that will power up almost any cylindrical rechargeable cell. In most cases (e.g. with IMR, Ni-MH, Li-ion, Ni-CD), Nitecore automatically detects the chemistry and voltage of the cell to set the most suitable charging mode.
The only battery type that would require manual setting is LiFePO4. All of the four charging channels function independently. An internal Digicharger microcomputer controls each of them; therefore, it is possible to charge different battery types simultaneously. Finally, the device turns off automatically when charging is complete.
Best 2 bay 18650 chargers
- Charges two batteries simultaneously
- Quick charge (1.0A and 2.0A)
- Turns off automatically when fully charged
- Starts automatic recharge if the voltage is lower than 4.05V
- Reverse polarity/ over-discharge/ over-voltage/ short-circuit protection
- Independent monitoring of each battery slot
- Low resistance steel cathodes
- Piano wire springs
- Hard chromium plating
- Accurate charging voltage
- 15,000+ charging cycles
- Compatible with: 10400, 14430, 14500, 14650, 16340, 16500, 17335, 17650, 17670, 18500, 18650, 20700, 22650, 26500 and 26650
Lush Q2 is an epic comeback of Efest. This is a new and incredibly potent way to charge vaping batteries. The device enables supersonic recharging. It also has an automatic shut off function once the batteries get their full 4.2 volts to protect them from overcharging. All the battery info is shown on the independent charging monitors, which ensure extra safety.
A piano wire spring in each bay is capable of handling over 15 000 charging cycles before the depreciation of springiness. Apart from that, hard chromium plating and steel cathodes with low resistance provide maximum charging accuracy. In addition, Efest Lush Q2 is the first device that accommodates 20700 batteries by power and design and reveals their full potential.
- Charges 2 batteries simultaneously
- Independent chips control each slot
- Auto current selection based on the capacity of a battery
- Compatible with different battery types: Lithium Ion/LiFePO4/Ni-Mh/Ni-Mh
- Compatible with different battery size: 26650/18650/18490/18350/AAA/AA/C/D
- Optimized for IMR Batteries
- Maximum charging rates 2.0A for two bay use
- Maximum charging rates 3.0A for single bay use
- LED battery identification for different events
- LED display with current and voltage indicator
- Lithium battery recovery
- Reverse polarity/ over-charge/ over-time/ short-circuit protection
- Fire resistant polycarbonate housing
This is a two-slots battery charger that can power up to 2A on two bays or 3A on a single bay. Nitecore SC2 supports various battery types (Li-ion, MR, LiFeP04, Ni-Cd, and Ni-MH) in different sizes (18350 to 26650 and AAA to D). Every slot is controlled by independent chips separately.
It uses spring-loaded contacts which means that the item can be adjusted to each battery size. The housing of Nitecore SC2 charger is made of fire-resistant materials. This, in combination with other protection features, ensures that this device is safe to be used. All in all, Nitecore SC2 Superb 3A Charger is a great choice for those looking for a convenient and potent quick charger.
- Charges 2 batteries at a time
- Independent monitoring of each bay
- Reverse polarity/ over-voltage/ over-discharging/ short-circuit protection
- Normal/ quick charger
- Compatible with different 3.7V rechargeable Li-ion batteries: 10440/14500/14650/16340/16650/17650/17670/18350/18490/18500/18650
- AC input power AC 100-240V 50/60Hz
- DC output power DC12V 1A
- DC input power DC 12V 1A
- 1A CC current 1000 mA±10%
- 0.5 CC current 500 mA±10%
- Auto cut-off current 4.23±0.05V
- CV cut-off current < 10% max current
- TC current(battery voltage 2-2.9V) 10% max current
- Standby current <20mA
- Activation current (battery voltage<2V) 10 mA~20 mA
- Maximum output current 1A
- Auto recharge voltage 3.9±0.15V
- Battery output cut-off voltage 3.0±0.05V
- Operation temperature -40℃~+70℃
Efest SODA is an affordable battery charger that possesses all the characteristics that are necessary for a simple 2-bay charging device. The item can charge either one battery or two batteries at a time. Each bay is monitored individually, so the user is able to see the information on both batteries.
Efest SODA is also a safe item to use as it is equipped with a range of protection features, such as reverse polarity protection, over-discharging, over-voltage, and short circuit protection. In addition, the device can adjust to a normal or quick charger. This is the simplest charger option that will be enough to fulfill basic charging needs, so if you don’t look for anything fancy, Efest SODA is an ideal pick.
The market is full of different vape battery chargers and sometimes is hard to pick the right one. The number of options is overwhelming and more often than not, deciding which one is best seems a tough challenge. However, finding the right thing is much easier when you know what to look for.
Basically, there are only a few factors that you need to consider while choosing the e-cig battery charger or mod battery charger. We decided that this is our call to outline the best options available on the market and help you buy the right one. But before we move on to the best 18650 battery charger list, let’s discuss the things every vaper should know about these items.
The Architecture of a Vape Charger
All the battery chargers for vaping devices have a similar structure. A typical charger looks like a little rectangular box with the two-, four-, or eight-bay slots for batteries. The positive terminals are located at the top, whereas the negative terminals – in the bottom of the slot.
The chargers usually have an indicator of battery power, LED display for showing battery voltage information, on/off light indicator, and a couple of vents. To start charging, you need to insert your battery into the slot.
Best Battery Charger: Essential Qualities
The batteries are all about the power, so it would be logical to assume that the more powerful the charger is, the better it will charge your battery. However, the power capacity is not the most important thing in this item. In order to find a perfect charger, you need to pay attention to the following qualities.
When it comes to charging you vape, you need to know whether the battery is compatible and whether it is certified by every major safety regulation organization. Clearly, when dealing with a battery, you need to be 100% sure that it won’t explode or leak as the chemicals inside are not only dangerous but also can lead to unexpected outcomes. Hence, you need to make sure that:
– The build quality is top-notch
– There is a comprehensive list of safety marks
– There is a warranty
These small yet essential characteristics should be present on any battery. If by any chance you found a battery that is lacking some of the above features, we can assure you that this is not the best 18650 charger option. Along with the above-mentioned features, consider looking for a battery that has a soft start function. The basic idea behind this novelty is that at first, it will charge your pen slowly and then gradually increase its speed. Not giving the battery a massive jolt preserves its longevity.
The second thing you should keep an eye for is, naturally, the speed of charging. This might seem irrelevant, but what if it takes hours to juice your e-cig? It’s frustrating and will surely have an impact on your experience. Therefore, before purchasing a 18650 battery charger, make sure that:
– The charger is capable of handling multiple packs at 0.5 and 1.0 amps
– It has a high charging rate
Long gone are the days where you needed to wait six hours for the pen to charge fully. The industry golden standard is an hour and a half, and if your charger is taking longer to power your pen, consider looking for a replacement. Although we highly suggest that you check the battery charger reviews as sometimes the information written on the items does not live up to reality.
When buying a 18650 charger, make sure that the volts are realistic. There are the cases when manufacturers state that their products have more than 4.6 volts and are compatible with any model. This might be true, but it will surely damage your vape as the charge will be counterproductive. By employing more powerful chargers, your battery will deteriorate much faster and this will lead to more expenses.
Thus, from what we have seen, having 4.2 volts is considered to be the happy medium. You will not short-circuit your pack and the charging process will be fast. If you can’t find one with the exact number, remember that less or more than 0.10 volts is okay. Though, do keep in mind that overcharging will reduce your battery life.
Protected and Unprotected Battery Packs
As you might have seen in your local stores or at a specialized shop, there are two types of 18650 batteries, the protected and the unprotected ones. They are similar, but the key difference between them lies in the way they are built. Indeed, those that are classified as unprotected generally have a simple design and should be handled with extreme caution.
Such batteries are perfect for simple devices like flashlights and nothing more as they are prone to failure. When picking up one, you will encounter mishaps and short circuits, hence, it is highly recommended to handle them as directed in the manual.
Protected ones, on the other hand, have a circuit with more volume. In other words, they are able to tackle more volume, which makes them more secure. Vape mod battery charger options are great, but they do drain battery juice a lot faster. Moreover, such modifications generally require a special charger and they do come with a high price tag.
Amount of Bays
Generally, the more the bays, the better. Yet, sometimes it’s the opposite as some 6 bay 18650 chargers do not have the capacity to charge each battery fast. For some devices, those that have 4 bays is simply not enough, but our bet goes to them. This is the optimal amount and the speeds are generally good.
When you see a 6 bay 18650 charger with a nice, shiny logo stating “Super Fast Charging”, remember that this is a marketing thing. They are good, but they are not as fast as they might seem. Such devices have the same velocity as the 4 bays ones, and due to the larger amount of batteries, it will take more time to fully charge all of them.
As mentioned earlier, the amount of different battery chargers on the market is staggering. Each manufacturer tries to create a unique product and incorporates features that are helpful, but nothing more. True, having Bluetooth connectivity is a plus, but not a must-have feature.
Such chargers are overpriced and have little to no advantage over traditional chargers. As a matter of fact, the best vape battery charger is the simplest one. Having additional features means more hassle to be expected when they break.
Best Battery Charger: Optimal Price
When you see the selection of battery chargers on the market, you’ll notice that the price range for these items is not very large. However, some options are quite cheap, while the others are pretty expensive. So how much money should you spend on a charger?
Well, just like a cheap battery can damage your fancy vaping device, a cut-rate charger can kill your high-quality battery. You have to be mindful of this purchase. If you think about the battery charger as an investment and thus want this item to serve you for a long time, don’t buy the cheapest one.
Ultimately, our advice would be to do a thorough research before making a final decision. Pay attention to the qualities that we have mentioned in our battery charger review and pick the right variant for you.