Pod systems are #1 in popularity all over the world. And there is a reason for that. A couple of months ago, GeekVape presented another smart pod mod – Aegis Eteno E100 POD kit, which functioned from an external battery, which was kind of weird.
Recently its relative appeared, using an already built-in battery. The difference between them is slight, but for some people, it’s important.
GeekVape E100i (Aegis Eteno i) POD kit
- Dimensions: 135 x 39 x 33mm
- Weight: 150g
- Body material: zinc alloy + plastic + eco-leather
- Power: Built-in 3000mAh
- Chipset: AS 3.0
- Cartridge capacity: 4.5ml
- Evaporator Resistance: P Coils
- Power: 5 – 100W
- Voltage range: up to 7.5V
- Peak current: 35A
- Operating mode: Smart, Power, TC (NI200, SS, TI), TCR, VPC
- Supported resistance: 0.1 – 3.0Ω
- Protections: low/high resistance, overheating, short circuit, reverse polarity, overcharge/over-discharge
- Connector type: magnetic
- Screen / diagonal: color, 1.06”
- Charging port/current: Type-C, charging current 2A
- Color: see the photo below
- E100i (Aegis Eteno i) mod
- replaceable cartridge (preinstalled)
- replaceable evaporators 2pcs 0.2 / 0.4Ω (one pre-installed)
- spare O-rings
- Type-C cable
- user guide
- warranty card
The exterior of our hero completely copies its predecessor. It is made in a recognizable corporate style – a convenient form factor, an eco-leather insert, a metal molding – we have already seen all this. Dimensions, of course, are also identical. Is that the weight due to the built-in battery in our hero “simply must” be more.
And I personally could not even find visual differences. The versions can only be distinguished by the bottom – the current version has a metal plug instead of the battery compartment cover.
According to the old tradition, all devices of the Aegis line are protected according to the IP68 standard – from moisture/dust/careless handling. Our pod vape was no exception, as you understand.
The cartridge system of the brothers is identical – a rounded cartridge with good capacity and convenient top refilling. The novelty is powered by the same replaceable coils of the P family. Adjustment of the puff intensity is achieved by turning the corresponding ring. The design of the non-spill is preserved – in general, everything is unchanged here.
However, the functional elements of the body of the changes were not affected. We note again a large activation button, just below the color display of an increased diagonal and a pair of configuration and control keys. The traditional lock slider has been retained.
The device is powered by a built-in battery of decent capacity. However, its charging current is still unknown, since for this procedure a connector of an already modern design is provided and, moreover, again waterproof.
The novelty is controlled by a similarly updated chipset of its own design, which is endowed with decent functionality. In addition to many modes of operation, the pod system boasts increased power compared to the standard value.